Crispy and salty bacon wrapped roasted carrots glazed in sweet maple syrup that are the perfect side dish for any meal!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
12 inch dutch oven
- 2 pounds carrots, well scrubbed or peeled
- 1 pound bacon
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon grainy mustard
- Wrap the carrots in the bacon.
- Arrange on a wire rack on a baking sheet and roast in a preheated 400F/200C oven until the bacon is crispy and the carrots are tender, about 20-30 minutes, glazing with the maple syrup half way through, OR Roast/fry the bacon wrapped carrots in a skillet over medium heat until the bacon is crispy and the carrots are tender, about 20-30 minutes, glazing with the maple syrup half way through.
Option 1:Mix some Dijon mustard into the maple syrup.
Option 2:Use precooked bacon or precook the bacon the bacon to the point where it is still easily wrapped but a lot of the fat has cooked out.
Note: You want young carrots, the ones with the leaves still on, and you want them to be thin, about 3/4 of an inch or less, so that they roast quickly.