- 1 (8 1/4 oz) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 (8 oz) pkg cream cheese
- 2 cups chicken, cooked and chopped
- 1 (8 oz) can water chestnuts, drained, sliced
- 1/2 cup celery, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted or chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup green onions, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- dash of pepper
- 4 medium tomatoes
- lettuce leaves
- Drain the pineapple, reserving 1/4 cup liquid. Combine reserved liquid and the cream cheese, mixing until well blended. Add pineapple, chicken, water chestnuts, celery, 1/4 cup almonds/pecans, onion, salt and pepper. Mix lightly.
- Cut each tomato into 6 wedges, almost to the stem end. This will make a nice flower look to hold the ingredients. Fill with chicken mixture. top with remaining almonds/pecans. Serve on the lettuce leaves.