For the pie filling:
- 5-6 medium apples, peeled and sliced.
- Juice from1 lemon
- 2 tbsp All-purpose flour
- ½ C Packed light brown sugar
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- ½ tsp Apple pie spice
- 2 tbsp Maple syrup
For the cream cheese filling:
- 8 oz Cream cheese, softened
- 1 C Powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp Brown sugar
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- ½ C Heavy Cream
- ½ tsp Pure vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp Caramel
- 8 oz Cool Whip
For the lasagna:
- 2-3 pkg Graham Crackers
- 8 oz Cool Whip.
- 1 C Heath milk chocolate toffee bites
Prepare the pie filling:
- Peel and slice your apples into small pieces; about the size of a dime. Place in a medium size saucepan. Squeeze the juice from a whole lemon over the apples.
- Add all of your dry ingredients: flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and apple pie spice. Mix all ingredients well and then add maple syrup.
- Using a saucepan on medium-high heat, cook the apples for about 15-18 minutes until they begin to brown and bubble. Remove from heat and cool completely. Refrigerate if necessary.
- While the pie filling is cooking, prepare the cream cheese filling. Allow cream cheese to come to room temperature, or soften in the microwave for 15 seconds.
Prepare the cream cheese batter:
- Beat cream cheese on medium-high speed with a wire whisk attachment until light and fluffy. Turn off mixer and add dry ingredients: powered sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon. Beat into cream cheese.
- Add heavy whipping cream and vanilla extract. Beat on medium-high speed until whipping cream is fully mixed into cream cheese. Add caramel sauce last and mix into batter.
- Add cool whip and beat on medium speed until mixture is well combined. Divide into thirds.
Assemble the lasagna:
- Cover the bottom of a 9-inch by 13-inch pan with graham crackers. You can break the crackers into pieces in order to get into the nooks and crannies.
- Cover the graham crackers with a layer of the cream cheese batter and spread evenly. Spoon half of the apple pie filling over cream cheese and gently press into the mouse. Add a small handful of toffee chips on top. Repeat this twice so that you end up with three layers of mousse, 3 layers of graham crackers and 2 layers of apple pie filling. The top layer will be mousse.
- Cover the top layer of Cool Whip with additional toffee bites and drizzle with caramel.
- I suggest to allow at least two hours in the fridge for the graham crackers to soften. Store in an air tight container and keep refrigerated. Best served cold.
From Beyond Frosting, Apple Pie Lasagna