10 inch or 12 inch Dutch Oven, raised rack or ‘snakes of aluminum foil’
32 coals to make a 350 degree oven (10 under the oven and rest on lid)
Serves about 6.
- 1 env. Lipton onion mushroom soup mix
- 1 1/2 lb. meatloaf mixture, ground beef and ground pork or 80-90% lean hamburger
- 1 c. soft bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1/2 c. water
- 1/4 c. ketchup
- Light the coals so they are ready when you are!
- In large bowl combine all ingredients by hand and form into a nice loaf.
- Roll up some foil so that it makes a long tube. Coil that up or make an S shape. This will be a trivet for the meatloaf.
- Place the snake into the oven. Place the meatloaf shape onto the trivet.
- Bake for about 45 minutes until the interior temp reaches 145.
- Let it rest with lid on for 10 minutes. This will finish the cooking.