by Lesley Tennessen, dutchovendiva
Make sure you follow the directions in order (no skipping around!)
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 6 Tbsp cocoa
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup melted butter, cooled
- 1 cup milk
- 3-4 tsp vanilla
- Mix above ingredients together & pour into a greased 12″ Dutch oven
- Combine 1 cup sugar, 1 cup brown sugar, and 8 Tbsp cocoa
- Sprinkle evenly over the top of the cake mix
- Then pour 2 1/2 cups hot water on top. DO NOT STIR.
- Bake 35-40 minutes at 350 degrees.
(8 coals on bottom/ 17 on top (19 if deep))