- 9 granny smith apples, sliced (apples can also be a combo of Gala, Pink Lady, Granny, and Fuji)
- 2 1/4 cup sugar
- 6 Tbs. flour
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 Tbs. butter; melted
- 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 3 eggs; slightly beaten
- 6 Tbs. butter; melted
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- In a large bowl combine all filling ingredients and stir until well mixed.
- Pour filling into a well oiled 12″ Dutch oven.
- Beat together eggs and butter.
- Stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt, then mix into wet ingredients.
- Pour batter evenly over apples.
- Place lid on Dutch oven and bake using 10-12 briquettes bottom and 16-18 briquettes top for 45-60 minutes.
- Serve topped with whipped cream.