(12 inch dutch oven, 22 coals on lid to make a 400 degree oven, 9 coals in a ring under the oven)
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed
- 1/2 pound baby carrots (2 cups) or a few carrots sliced into sticks
- 1 medium red onions, cut into slices
- 1 large red bell peppers, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 large yellow bell peppers, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 small turnip, peeled and cut in ½ inch dice
- 1 parsnip, peeled and cut into sticks
- 8 sprigs fresh thyme
- Salt and pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cut green beans in half. Spread on prepared pan along with carrots, onions, peppers, turnip and thyme sprigs. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Whisk garlic, olive oil, basil, paprika, salt and pepper together in a small bowl.
- Pour mixture over vegetables and toss to coat evenly. Roast for 20 minutes. Using a wide spatula, turn vegetables.
- Roast until tender, 15 to 25 minutes more.