Whether you’re planning a trip to Monterey Bay, California, or need reasons to be convinced to visit this California gem, here are eight things you can’t miss on your Monterey vacation.
- Visit the variety of downtown attractions: Full of coastal views, the wharf and Cannery Row are perfect for families to enjoy the day by the waterfront.
- Visit the world-famous Monterey Bay Aquarium: With over 200 exhibits and 80,000 plants and animals, the aquarium is a window to the wonders of the ocean.
- Take a wildlife tour on the bay: Monterey Bay is home to an incredible array of marine wildlife, where you can see whales breaching, seals lounging on the beach, and sea lions playing and feeding.
- Go camping or glamping at Marina Dunes RV Park: With 84 sites, two beautiful rental cottages, and five glamping tents, Marina Dunes has something for everyone. Whether you’re on the road or looking for a unique getaway, Marina Dunes is located off Highway 1 and perfectly situated to nearby attractions.
- Enjoy pristine beaches on the bay: These beautiful, protected beaches are some of the most stunning along the west coast. From morning walks to basking in the California sun, these beaches are perfect for relaxing and soaking up amazing sunsets.
- Golf at world-renowned courses: Home to Pebble Beach, the golf capital of California, these stunning courses are popular for golfers of all levels.
- Hike the great outdoors: The region features trails ranging from easy to challenging, and Monterey Bay is a great area to access untouched wilderness.
- Visit Big Sur: Drive across the famous Bixby Bridge and take in the variety of scenic views surrounding the Big Sur area.