S’mores a bore? Try this twist on a banana boat sundae! This sweet treat looks just as fun to eat as it is to put together! Stuff these bananas with whatever toppings you like.
1 ripe banana per person
- Light your campfire (if it’s not already going, that is!)
- Slit your bananas lengthwise
- Stuff them with any combo of toppings that you like best! Here are a few combinations to try:
- Peanut butter or almond butter with milk chocolate chips
- Dark chocolate chips with shredded coconut on top
- Mini marshmallows with dark chocolate and chocolate sprinkles
- Marshmallows, chocolate, graham cracker crumbs or crushed graham crackers
- Dark chocolate with cayenne pepper sprinkled on top
- Marshmallows with caramel sauce
- Set a camping grate over a low fire and place bananas on top to melt the toppings and soften the banana. If you don’t have a camping grate, you can use a grill lined with tin foil, or push a long stick through the bottom to hold them over the fire like you would with roasting marshmallows.
- Once all toppings are melted, eat with a spoon!
Posted in: Campgrounds, Cooking On The Go Tagged: banana boat s’mores, Campfire recipes