With the holidays winding down in January, you may want to ramp up working towards your goals of a living a healthier lifestyle. My number one tip is to start small! Building on small changes can lead to long-term success and by choosing recipes that take less time to prepare and are filled with yummy, healthy ingredients, you’ll find your healthy living goals much easier to achieve! Plus, it can be easy to dive into your new healthy eating with enthusiasm when you have fun, new recipes!
Spicy Collards + Beef
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
- 1 Tbsp ghee
- 1 lb grass fed ground beef
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- 1 tsp minced garlic (about 3 cloves)
- 2 C chopped collard greens
- 1 Tbsp oregano
- ½ tsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground chipotle chili pepper
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Melt ghee on medium heat and add onions and garlic. Sauté until onions and garlic are translucent.
- Add the spices and combine until aroma forms.
- Add the ground beef and mix well. Once the beef is slightly browned after about 2-4 minutes, add the collard greens.
- Cook until collards begin to sweat and are softened, and beef is cooked through.
- Serve! This recipe tastes great with sliced avocado on top!
For more recipes and lifestyle tips connect with me over at:
Facebook- Refreshed Nutrition