With the holidays winding down in January, you may want to ramp up working towards your goals of a living a healthier lifestyle. My number one tip is to start small! Building on small changes can lead to long-term success and by choosing recipes that take less time to prepare and are filled with yummy, healthy ingredients, you’ll find your healthy living goals much easier to achieve! Plus, it can be easy to dive into your new healthy eating with enthusiasm when you have fun, new recipes!
Kale + Chicken Sausage Rice Bowl
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
- 1 bunch kale
- 1 package apple chicken sausage, casing removed
- 1 ½ C white jasmine or basmati rice
- 3-4 Tbsp grass fed butter or ghee
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Cook rice according to instructions on the bag.
- While rice is cooking, cut the casing off the sausage and place in a pan on medium heat, stirring occasionally and breaking it up into smaller pieces.
- While sausage and rice are cooking, add 2 Tbsp of grass fed butter or ghee to a large pan on medium heat.
- Remove kale leaves from the stem and place in the pan with the butter/ghee. Stir occasionally until softened but not burnt (you may have to reduce the heat halfway through).
- Add rice, sausage, and kale to a bowl. Add another Tbsp. of butter or ghee and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Enjoy!
For more recipes and lifestyle tips connect with me over at:
Facebook- Refreshed Nutrition