If one of your resolutions for 2024 was to find a new hobby, read on. We’ve got some ideas where you can combine your new hobby with a great camping experience:
Spelunking: Spelunking, or caving, is the hobby of exploring wild cave systems. If going below is the way to go for you, check out these great caving experiences while camping nearby. Kentucky’s Mammoth Cave National Park is home to the longest cave system on earth and is less than ten miles from Thousand Trails Diamond Caverns RV & Golf Resort. The National Park offers a variety of cave tours daily, so visit nps.gov/maca/planyourvisit/cave-tours.htm to learn more. Another great caving opportunity is Tuckaleechee Caverns (tuckaleecheecaverns.com), in Tennessee, which is open from March through November and bills itself as “the greatest sight under the Smokies.” Book a spring camping trip to Pigeon Forge Landing RV Resort and check out these magnificent Tennessee caverns.
Snorkeling: Dive in and enjoy some snorkeling at these great underwater spots near our campgrounds. Book a stay at Fiesta Key RV Resort and Marina and head over to John Pennekamp State Park on Key Largo to check out the Christ of the Abyss, a submerged nine-foot tall bronze statue of Christ located 25 feet off the coast. For more snorkeling adventures, plan a stay at Sunshine Key RV Resort and Marina on Big Pine Key and take advantage of the on-site watersports company, Charter Rentals LLC, that offers great snorkeling opportunities right from the resort.
Photography: Yosemite National Park is one of the most photographed national parks in the U.S. and certainly one of the most beautiful spots on earth to photograph, whether from the perspective of a beginner or seasoned pro. Book a stay at Thousand Trails Yosemite Lakes and head over to the very nearby Yosemite and get snapping. And, not only is Yosemite a great place for budding photogs, but it also has the Ansel Adams Gallery which showcases the works of one of America’s most famous landscape photographers as well as the works of many others. Yosemite also offers photography walks, classes, and workshops. Check out nps.gov/yose/planyourvisit/art.htm for more info. What about catching some famous, and oft-photographed famous landmarks – book a stay at San Francisco RV and try your hand at capturing the beauty of the Golden Gate Bridge, with or without fog cover. Or the iconic Haystack Rock, just off the coast of Oregon’s Cannon Beach and less than 10 miles from Thousand Trails Seaside.
@thousandtrails A weekend in nature is sometimes all you need. 😌 #thousandtrails #yosemitelakes ♬ original sound – kissounds
- Don’t get stuck in the cold this winter! Head to these beautiful winter sun towns and make it summer all year round.
- All of your trips should be list makers and ones you’d write home about. We put together some top vacation list makers to help you plan your next few trips!
- We get it, planning can be a tough part about travel, so we did the heavy lifting for you. Here’s a calendar of trips to have you making the most out of the new year!
- This one is for the birds…no really, this recipe is for some delicious homemade bird feed!
- Explore the Thousand Trails Camping Pass and the Thousand Trails Cabin Pass!
- Find more campgrounds at ThousandTrails.com.