Warm up with a steaming bowl of this hearty vegetable soup.
Dutch Oven Vegetable Stew (serves 2-3)
Recipe from rei.com
2 tablespoons oil
8 ounces mushrooms, halved or quartered
1 teaspoon salt
1 small onion, chopped
2 large carrots, slices
1 celery stick, slides
8-10 baby potatoes, cubes
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon tomato paste
2 tablespoons flour
½ cup red wine
2 cups vegetable stock
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon thyme
1 bay leaf
Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large pot on your camp stove or RV stove. Add the mushrooms and sauté until browned, about 5 minutes. Add salt, onion, carrots, celery, and potatoes. Sauté 2-3 minutes. Add the garlic and tomato paste and sauté 1 minute before adding the flour. Stir in the flour to coat the vegetables and then add the red wine and soy sauce. Simmer until the red wine is almost entirely evaporated. Add vegetable stock, thyme, and bay leaf. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes, then uncover and let the stew thicken, about 10 minutes. Check to make sure veggies are tender and then serve.
- Fall has just begun and there are plenty of ways to enjoy the season in the great outdoors. We put together a fall bucket list to help you plan some fall fun.
- It’s time to switch out your décor for the season. Here are some tips for nature inspired fall décor!
- October is National Pizza Month and we plan to celebrate as much as we can. Celebrate Pizza Month at one of these pizza hot spots – it’s sure to be a slice!
- Apples and caramel go together like chocolate and marshmallows. Try out this salted caramel apple dip the next time you’re sitting around the campfire.
- Explore the Thousand Trails Camping Pass and the Thousand Trails Cabin Pass.
- Find more campgrounds at ThousandTrails.com!