Fire up the grills, mix up your favorite sauce (or buy it), and get ready to celebrate National Barbecue Day on May 16. Here’s a quick and simple, yet delicious recipe to help get your BBQ on!
Easy Camping Skillet BBQ (serves 4)
Recipe from letscampsmore.com
1 ¼ pounds ground beef
1 cup barbeque sauce
2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
1 cup shredded cheese
Place large skillet on grate over campfire. Brown the meat until thoroughly cooked, breaking it up as you cook. Remove the meat from the skillet with a slotted spoon, leaving grease in pan. Mix the barbeque sauce into the meat in separate bowl. Cook sweet potatoes in skillet for 8-15 minutes. When potatoes are cooked, layer meat on top of potatoes. Add the cheese and set until melted. Remove skillet from heat carefully and serve.
- Get outdoors and plan your next trip to these must visit National Forests!
- Make your RV feel brand new with these RV renovation tips.
- New to RVing? These RV tips and tricks for beginners help make RV camping easy.
- Did you know there are health benefits to camping? We put together a list of some of the top health benefits to this outdoor activity.
- Explore the Thousand Trails Camping Pass and the Thousand Trails Cabin Pass!
- Find more campgrounds at ThousandTrails.com.