Did you know Peanut Butter has its own special day? Yes, this tasty spread that is loved by the likes of President Bill Clinton, Madonna and of course, Elvis who slathered it on his famous peanut butter, bacon, and banana sandwiches, is nationally celebrated on January 24. Whip up some of these recipes if you’re camping come January 24, or any other time for that matter if you love PB like Elvis did!
Marshmallow and Peanut Butter Tortilla Dessert
Small flour tortilla
Spread peanut butter on the tortilla. Roast two marshmallows and then place on the tortilla. Roll up and enjoy!
Spicy Peanut Sauce (recipe from backroadramblers.com)
1 ¼ to 1 ½ cups peanut butter
½ cup rice vinegar
1/3 cup soy sauce or tamari
Juice of 1 lime
1 T sesame oil
1 t dried garlic
1 t crushed red pepper
Spaghetti or other noodles of choice
Optional Proteins: tofu or chicken breast, chopped into cubes
Mix all ingredients in large bowl (hint: if peanut butter is thick, heat in a saucepan on low so it will mix easier). Whisk all together until smooth and store in Ziplock bag or jar.
When ready to use, cook noodles and add a bit of the pasta water to jar or Ziplock bag to thin out peanut sauce a bit. Cook or bake your protein of choice (optional). Mix noodles and sauce thoroughly and add choice of protein and toss.
- These hot winter towns are calling your name this winter season! Trade the snow for sand and head on down to where the sun is shining.
- Currently trending: butter boards! Have you dipped into this foodie trend, yet?
- We put together a list of must visit locations in the south, and you need to check out these charmers.
- No grey to be found in these beautifully sunny cities!
- Explore the Thousand Trails Camping Pass and the Thousand Trails Cabin Pass!
- Find more campgrounds at ThousandTrails.com.