November might possibly be the best month for foodies. From Thanksgiving feasts to the different foods that have a special day this month (deviled eggs, vanilla cupcakes, Chinese take-out, and more), November is full of endless fun with food. Here are a few recipes to make while camping this month to celebrate the special foods of November!
National Nacho Day – November 6: Campfire Nachos
Recipe from spaceshipsandlaserbeams.com
8-ounce bag of tortilla chips
½ cup sliced black olives
¼ cup sliced green onions
½ cup diced tomatoes
2 cups shredded taco cheese
2 jalapeno peppers, sliced and seeds removed
Salsa, sour cream, and guacamole for serving
Layer 1/3 of the chips on bottom of cast iron skillet. Add 1/3 of the cheese, ½ of the olives, ½ of the green onions and ½ of the tomatoes to the top of the chips. Layer another handful of chips on top and cover with remaining ingredients, and the jalapeno slices. Cover the skillet loosely with foil and place on campfire or camp stove at medium heat. Cook until cheese is melted, about 10-15 minutes. Top with salsa, sour cream, and guacamole, as desired.
National French Toast Day (November 28): French Toast Sticks (makes 12 sticks)
Recipe from freshoffthegrid.com
4 slices Texas toast, or other thick-cut bread
½ cup milk
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
Pinch of salt
2 tablespoons butter
Cut the bread into 1 ½ inch sticks. In a shallow bowl, beat 2 eggs until thoroughly combined. Add the milk, sugar, cinnamon, and a pinch of salt. Stir to combine. In a nonstick pan over medium camp stove heat, warm the butter. Dip the toast into the egg/milk mixture, letting the bread absorb the liquid. Then, flip and soak other side. Let excess drip off. Place in pan. Repeat with the other bread slices. Cook until golden (about 3 minutes) and flip and cook other side for approximately 2 minutes.
- Low on time but need to get dinner on the camping table? These easy foil pack campfire dinners will have you chowing down in no time.
- One of the best parts about the fulltime and remote work lifestyle is being able to change your view. This list of beautiful locations is sure to make those on the other end of your Zoom calls a bit jealous.
- Winter means more outdoor fun…and in some cases, even in the sun. Check out these winter fun towns and keep the outdoor lifestyle going all winter long.
- We are proud to offer a cornucopia of camping options all year long!
- Find more campgrounds at ThousandTrails.com.