18 slices thick cut bread
1 cup whole milk
4.5 tablespoons butter
3/4 cup pumpkin puree
3 teaspoons pumplin spice
3 teaspoons sugar
3/4 teaspoon sugar
1. Beat the eggs in a bowl large enough to accommodate a slice of the bread.
2. Add milk, pumpkin puree, pumpkin spice, sugar, and salt together, until thoroughly mixed.
3. Heat 1 tablespoon of butter in a skillet over medium heat.
4. Dip a slice of bread in the batter and let it soak for about 10 seconds on each side.
5. Let the excess drip off, then place it in the skillet to fry until golden and crispy on each side, about 3 minutes per side.
6. Repeat with the rest of the bread, adding more butter to the skillet as needed.
7. Serve with maple syrup, pumpkin butter (optional), and a cup of hot coffee. Enjoy!