Dutch Oven Deep Dish Breakfast Pizza (serves 6)
Recipe from 50campfires.com
6 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
1/2-pound breakfast sausage, cooked and crumbled
1 clove garlic, minced
½ green bell pepper, chopped
1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
1/2 onion, chopped
5 mushrooms, sliced
1 tube refrigerated crescent rolls
6 eggs, beaten
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Spray Dutch oven with nonstick spray.
- Cook bacon, drain grease, and set aside to cool. Crumble once cooled.
- Brown sausage, drain grease. Mix in garlic, peppers, onion, and mushrooms. Sauté until softened (about 5 minutes). Stir in crumbled bacon. Remove mixture and set aside.
- In Dutch oven, unroll crescent rolls and line base of oven. Create the “crust” by pinching the dough vertically along the side of the Dutch oven, up to one inch up.
- Fill the crust with the meat and veggie mixture. In bowl, beat eggs. Add Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper to taste to beaten eggs. Pour over meat and veggie mixture.
- Sprinkle cheese on top of egg, meat, and veggie mixture. Cover Dutch oven with lid and place on fire. Bake 25-35 minutes or until eggs are no longer jiggly in the middle.
Dutch Oven Chicken Pasta with Herbs (serves 4)
Recipe from 50campfires.com
1-2 tablespoons seasoning blend
1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
1-pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut in chunks
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
4 tablespoons butter, divided
2/3 cup of water
2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
2 tablespoons onion soup mix
1 envelope savory herb and garlic soup mix, divided
8 ounces favorite pasta
2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Use a non-stick cooking spray to coat the Dutch oven. Combine the seasoning blend and poultry seasoning and sprinkle over chicken pieces.
- Sauté the chicken in oil and 2 tablespoons of the butter over a full spread of coals until juices run clear. Add the water, teriyaki sauce, onion soup mix and 2 tablespoons of the herb and garlic soup mix. Bring to a boil.
- Cover and move about ¼ of the coals from the bottom of the Dutch oven to the top and simmer for 15 minutes.
- In a separate pot, cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain and add to the chicken mixture.
- Add the parmesan cheese, Worcestershire sauce, remaining butter, and remaining herb and garlic soup. Toss to coat and serve immediately.
- This season is the only time to experience the most colorful fall foliage drives across the country.
- Fall flavors are one of a kind, and caramel is the perfect topper. Here are three campfire caramel recipes for you to whip up this autumn.
- Do you have a list of fall activities you’re hoping to tackle? We put together the perfect fall bucket list. What are you waiting for?
- Whip up this pumpkin French toast recipe and you’ll practically fall in love with the season.
- Find more campgrounds at ThousandTrails.com.