Chicken and Waffles (serves 6)
Recipe from realfoodcamping.com
2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast strips
8 ounces hot sauce
4-6 ounces barbeque sauce (to coat chicken)
- Place chicken strips in plastic bag and add hot sauce to coat strips (if you do not like spicy foods, skip this step.)
- Heat griddle to medium-high heat and place chicken strips on griddle to cook.
- When strips are done, coat in barbeque sauce.
- Make waffles according to directions on container.
- When waffles are done, place a few strips of chicken on top of each waffle.
- Drizzle with maple syrup.
Recipe from rei.com
With this dessert treat, you can choose to make your own waffles camp-side in a waffle maker, bring pre-made from home, or use thawed, frozen waffles.
This is a waffly-version of s’mores so bring the fillings that you like on a s’more and don’t forget the marshmallows.
Roast your marshmallow and then smear one waffle with your choice of spread (like Nutella or peanut butter) or chocolate of your choice (a standard Hershey bar, peanut butter cup, or peppermint patty are all good ideas). Top with your roasted marshmallow and cover with another waffle. Share or split or not, your choice!
- August is Family Fun Month. Here are some ways to celebrate and spend time with your family!
- Are you an Elvis Presley fan? Plan a trip fit for a king with this Elvis inspired travel itinerary.
- Lemonade is summer in a glass, and this lemonade recipe will put a smile on your face!
- These towns may be small but they’re big on charm, and worth a visit!
- Find more campgrounds at ThousandTrails.com.