April 16 is the Day of the Mushroom, so we thought we’d cook up some recipes for you to celebrate these friendly fungi during a cook-out camp side.
Easy Grilled Stuffed Mushrooms
(recipe from eatingrichly.com)
10-12 mushrooms (cremini or button)
1 cup cheese spread (ex. Alouette Garlic and Herb, Merk’s Sharp Cheddar, Rondele Garden Vegetable)
Rinse the mushrooms and remove the stems, dry well. Fill each mushroom with about a tablespoon of cheese spread. Place the mushrooms, cheese up in a grilling basket. Place on a grill or hold over a campfire until cheese is melted and golden.
(recipes from thedyrt.com)
2 teaspoons oil
½ medium red onion, slices
10 mushrooms, slices
Salt, to taste
Pepper, to taste
1 cup shredded cheese
- Open four pieces of foil, then place a tortilla on top of each.
- Add half the cheese between the four tortillas, then add the mushrooms and red onion. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top of the mixture and add salt and pepper.
- Fold the tortillas over, then seal the foil to trap in the heat.
- Place on the grate over your campfire and turn a few times to cook each side.
- After 8-10 minutes your quesadillas are done and ready to eat!