This easy, 5 ingredient cookie recipe is bursting with pecan and almond flavors and is perfect for serving during the holidays! The powdered sugar makes these little cookies look like snowballs, which feels extra festive and cute!
You’ll be surprised at how easy it is to make these. Here’s what you need…
1 cup unsalted butter softened to room temperature
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup finely chopped pecans
2 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup powdered sugar, divided into two 1/2 cups
- Pre-heat your oven to 350°F.
- Beat the butter and one of the 1/2 cups of sugar plus vanilla in a large bowl until combined. Mixture should be light and fluffy when well-combined.
- Using a low speed on your mixer, gradually add the flour. The best way to do this is to add a little bit of flour and beat until the mixture is well combined. Add a little more flour; beat; and repeat!
- Once flour is mixed, add nuts. Mix well. You can use a spoon at this point or continue with the mixer on a low speed.
- On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, shape dough into 1-inch balls. This recipe will yield you about 48 cookies.
- Bake in oven 14 -15 minutes or until the bottoms are lightly browned.
- Cool on a baking sheet for about 5 minutes.
- Roll the warm cookies, one at a time, in the remaining powdered sugar until evenly coated. Place on wire rack to cool completely.
Recipe adapted from kraftrecipes.com
Bring your favorite recipes to the next Thousand Trails potluck! Visit thousandtrails.com to make your reservations today.