If you’re traveling during the holidays, it’s important to make sure wherever you’re staying reflects your holiday traditions and decorations, just as if you were spending the holidays at home. Here are a few ideas to take your holidays with you!
• Make a playlist of your favorite holiday music.
• Have a small portable tree or plant that you can decorate with miniature ornaments.
• Consider putting bare branches in a festive vase to hang holiday cards or homemade ornaments. Make sure the vase is stable!
• You can never have enough twinkling lights.
• Use food as decoration – stud oranges with fragrant cloves, make a garland from popcorn, or tie together several aromatic cinnamon sticks to give your RV or cabin a cozy smelling vibe.
• Have a good supply of seasonal books on hand to read around the fire or when the whole gang is cozied up at the end of the day. Some favorites are The Polar Express and Frosty the Snowman.
• Mix a holiday blend of essential oils (about 3-5 drops of each oil) with water in a spray bottle, mist some pinecones, and store them in a bag for about 24 hours. The next day, you’ll have holiday scented pinecones!
• Don’t bother with wrapping paper – set up a scavenger hunt to find presents or a fun game of charades where the gift recipient has to guess what the present is.
Where do you take your holiday traditions? Make your reservations at thousandtrails.com today to book your next adventure!