Roasting cauliflower and potatoes with a blend of aromatic curry spices makes for a flavor packed side dish!
Author: Karen @ The Tasty Bite
12 inch dutch oven
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- Salt, to taste
- 3 tbsps fresh cilantro or parsley, minced
- Preheat the dutch oven over a bed of coals. Put in a 2 Tablespoons of vegetable or olive oil.
- This would be a ring of coals under the oven and 1 ring, plue 5 coals on the lid.
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes, cauliflower, oil, cumin, coriander, turmeric, cayenne pepper, and salt. Toss to coat.
- Put all the vegetables and spices into the dutch oven and roast for 30 to 45 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Garnish with cilantro before serving