These honey-infused camp recipes are buzzing with flavor! Cook up some sweet and spicy chicken and then cool off with a sweet treat topped with, yep, more honey!
Honey-Sriracha Chicken (Serves 3-4)
(Recipe from food.com)
3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2-3 crushed garlic cloves
2 tablespoons of honey
¼ balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons crushed red pepper flakes
Ranch dressing for dipping – optional
- Cut each chicken breast into 3 or 4 long strips.
- Combine all other ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until combined.
- Place chicken in Ziploc bag(s) and add marinade. Marinate for at least one hour. (For camping, prepare up to this step at home and toss in the freezer.).
- Thread chicken onto bamboo skewers.
- Grill over medium to hot coals or fire until juices run clear.
Summer Fruit tossed in Honey Mint Syrup
(Recipe from campingforfoodies.com)
Take advantage of the farmer’s markets near camp and grab some of the fresh fruits of the season. Then, add this honey-based topping for a real delight.
Ingredients (For Syrup)
½ orange, juice and zest
½ lime, juice and zest
½ lemon, juice and zest
3 mint sprigs, chopped
1 ½ tablespoons honey
Ingredients (For Fruit)
6 cups of seasonal fresh fruit, cubed or cut
- Combine ingredients to make the syrup, mixing well to incorporate the honey.
- Clean and cube the fruit.
- Gently toss the fruit in the syrup and let stand for a short time before serving.