Did you know that Americans may well be the only country in the world as obsessed with Ranch dressing as we are? And this tasty sauce that was originally created (yes, on a ranch) for salad dressings, is no longer just for vegetables. Americans are known to dip just about anything and everything in Ranch dressing, including pizza, French fries, cookies, and pancakes! BTW – National Ranch Dressing Day is March 10. Try out these recipes on the 10th to celebrate!
Bacon Ranch Chicken Foil Packets (Serves 4)
(Recipe from dinneratthezoo.com)
6 tablespoons melted butter
2 tablespoons ranch seasoning powder
4 medium sized chicken breasts
1 pound small red potatoes, quartered
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
Salt and pepper to taste
Nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees or a grill over medium high heat. In a small bowl, whisk together the melted butter, ranch seasoning, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Coat 4 large squares of foil with cooking spray.
- Place the potatoes in a bowl and drizzle with 4 tablespoons of the ranch butter over the top. Toss to coat evenly.
- Place a chicken breast onto each of the foil squares and season with salt and pepper to taste. Divide the potatoes evenly among the 4 foil squares and arrange them around the chicken.
- Drizzle the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter over the chicken breasts. Fold the edges of the foil over the chicken and potatoes to make a packet.
- Bake for 45 minutes or grill for 30 minutes. Open the packets and sprinkle the cheese over the chicken and potatoes. Leave the packets open and return to the oven or grill for 2-3 minutes or until cheese melts. Sprinkle with bacon and parsley and serve.
Cheese Ranch Potato Foils (Serves 4)
(Recipe from asouthernsoul.com)
1 ½ pounds red skin potatoes, cut into bite-sized pieces
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 tablespoons ranch seasoning mix
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
¼ teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Heat grill to medium heat. Lightly spray four foil rectangles with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Place potatoes in a large bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle the ranch seasoning, salt and pepper and toss to coat potatoes.
- Place potatoes in the center of the foil pieces, dividing evenly. Fold the foil and seal the ends. Place on the grill seam side down for 10 minutes. Turn packs over and continue to cook for 10 additional minutes.
- Remove packets from grill and open carefully. Sprinkle cheese on top of potatoes and place packet back on grill and reseal. Cook for 3-4 minutes until cheese is melted.
(To cook in the oven: Preheat oven to 400. Place prepared foil packets seam side down for 10 minutes, then turn packet and cook for 15 minutes more. Remove from oven, open packs, and sprinkle on cheese. Return to oven for 2-3 minutes until cheese melted.)
- Plan a trip to see the big cities of the Buckeye state!
- Make this delicious Irish coffee creamer for St. Pat’s this year!
- Need an Irish taste treat for dinner? Look no further than this recipe for banger sausage patties and veggie mash.
- Whip up these fudgy pecan bourbon balls for a treat!
- Find more campgrounds at ThousandTrails.com.