Prep time: 15-20 min
Cook time: 25 min
Total time: 40-45 min
- 4-6 medium zucchini
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 Tbsp basil
- 1 Tbsp oregano
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 94% lean ground turkey
- 1 16-ounce jar of arrabbiata sauce
- Parmesan cheese, for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Cut the zucchini in half lengthwise, scoop the middle out with a spoon to make a ‘boat.
- Place boats on a lined baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
- While the zucchini is baking, dice up the scooped insides and place in a medium pan and sauté for a few minutes on medium heat.
- Add the diced onion and spices.
- Once the onion becomes translucent add the ground turkey until almost no pink remains.
- Drain the mixture in a strainer over the sink. Return to the pan and stir in the jar of sauce until sauce is slightly warmed.
- Place the mixture into the boats (you may have extra filling) and return to the oven baking for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and enjoy!
For more recipes and lifestyle tips connect with me over at: